Nov 21, 2022

Poems by Jeffrey Side

VIVIENNE DID HAVE HER OWN

Stop trials
universe neat
the disenchanted
of clothes
notebook out
at an
always when
with look
replacing but
desperation with

him knows
heartened the
promised leave
term somewhere
Greek now
doctor’s sugar
of around
daughter air
driving loose
filmed permission

Acropolis identified
always but
and beautiful
most skinning
of barnacles
called causes
or conditions
time 70%
progesterone daily
the culprits

half eccentric
complicated sitting
like get
me want
the look
head eyes
of love
just mourns
each one
Honolulu baby


YOU COULD HEAR THEM CRUNCHING

Are we really so
up and down the
next I heard her

say how have these
things happened anyway I
need not hanker after

comfort but now feel
I must carry on
for some nebulous end

so I went out
tonight and life was
headed alone made nor

stringent aspects ruling our
days I’ll never know
anyone else who’s been

part of my life
she said perhaps he
hated maps or some

such aspect of dragging
out suitcases while screaming
without considering the public

I had the morning
free and cut my
moustache it’s better like

that pulling plaster by
the river listening about
visitors scraping more than

enough honest fundament history’s
hollow freedom yet immortal
forebears numbering the crest


I TRIED FOR A DAY OUT

Apparently, she kicked
in music night, able to
regard the server as an
approximation. But ordering
chronologically was never
my thing.

And as many times as
you have, there can be
no real step forward. It
is much more than you think,
because he calls her often,
sometimes.

I don’t know why he
does, though. He’s just
desperate for a flush in
Cuba. I think something could
have happened, though. I knew
his son.

Nobody left to regard
you. So I came back
upon the hog and found
pleasure in renegade streams
in this sector. Don’t expect any
favours.

So much time is wasted.
Quantity is everything, it
seems. Sometimes I’ve got
money, so I’ve no need to tout.
You may hear of her soon, in
Baltimore.

Poem by Keith Nunes

THE FLOURISH AND THE FALL Lying down to Take it front-on Look-see What the hell is Coming this way, Catch a sharded reflection In the corner...