Aug 4, 2023

Poems by Veronica Javregui

THROUGH THE HEART

Everything must enter through
The heart one way or another
Our mind a labyrinth in and out
Everything must exit through
The heart as well
Living. a process of a two way river
Once at times we think they are the same
Sometimes the entrance and exit dance
So we must stay with things longer
Everything must enter through
Everything must exit out
The heart the river
Running through


THE DARKNESS HOLDING MY BACK

Suddenly everything lifted
I was tied to the bed for a week
The darkness holding my back
Everything lifted I myself could not
See or touch the ground
We must live if not once always
In these realms of possibility
Maybe edges will never meet
But to touch one is to touch a million
To release my soul to you bare it
Bare my mind not being scared or
Giving you the a chance to doubt
I show you everything and you SEE


WE TRAVEL THE SAME PATHS

Now I see we all live the
Same street various times over
Once nearly dead once happy
Never wanting the day to end
Once with a love once alone speeding
Catching a breeze as an only friend
We travel the same paths trample
Those emotions with bare feet with
Boots we try not to look down
Not to remember those memories
When we were young only emotion
How has everyone grown a coat
Yet my eyes never stopped their ways
They grow more impassioned more fire
More knowing of every way they went

Poem by Keith Nunes

THE FLOURISH AND THE FALL Lying down to Take it front-on Look-see What the hell is Coming this way, Catch a sharded reflection In the corner...